Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Paul Chambers
      Participant

Would you think it reasonable to pay Sainsburys in order to be allowed to shop at Tescos?. So in the event of any changes to the licence fee, it should be abolished butvif not, we should be allowed to watch all non BBC freeview channels without having to have a licence. The current system is an abuse of monopoly power.

Zak Mudie
      Participant

I totally agree, it’s arrogantly authoritarian and genuinely stupid.

Thorpeman
      Participant

I personally think it should all be subscription based make the Britbox app available to the world, put all the live channels on it too. I live in Ireland & have a subscription for it (Which I must get around to cancelling because after Brexit it no longer works over here) & made good use of it. If people don’t want the subscription they should just get the basic BBC1 & 2 & non of the access to their bloated website & radio service, the 24 hour news service is on a permanent 15 minute loop & consumes a vast percentage of the corporations budget & actually delivers no more news to us than did the old lunch time, 6pm & 9 O’clock news slots we grew up with & lets face it they are populated with so called stars that are doing no more than anyone who isn’t dyslexic could do save for Joe Biden & that is to read from an autocue without squinting. If anyone can get access to Sky News Australia I would suggest you give it a try to see what a news agency should be doing, their front of camera staff are Australians, proud Australians happy to champion Australia & Australians & stand up for what makes them Australian which is a far cry from our weasel EU sycophants who peddle the agenda of an organisation that seeks to do us harm rather than fighting our corner & highlighting how & why we came to the decision & how & why we are right to be a open & free market economy looking out rather than chained to a closed cartel of protectionism.

aslew1
      Participant
      MeJasonT
      Participant

I don’t want to pay for leftist political propaganda. They always state that people have continued to decide to keep the BBC advert free, they are not allowed to make income from advertising as part of their charter. The thing is they advertise their own subscription services which is a commercial product, so they do get paid for advertising all be it indirectly. As for the decision to keep them advert free, how many licence payers have even been asked. Who has been asked. The world service is now around 30% of what it used to be and the argument is that now many people can access public services via the internet. Th world service is provided as a free service to many countries which now have their own television and satelite stations, not to mention the internet. The only thing the licence payer is paying for is crooks, liars, woke agenda and Gary Linekars wages + other time wasters. But wait now the ladies are requesting equal pay dispite accepting a contract of employment with less wages that a man apparently. Not only are they getting a pay rise but its also being backdated. With the latest revelations how in hells name can they keep a straight face.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.